This is a topic sentences paper that explores and shows how to write topic sentences specifically for an argumentative essay. An argumentative essay is one that typically shows the superiority of one form of thought over a sample of other thoughts concerning a common problem or issue. The method adopted for argumentation adopted here is that of elaboration of sample statements, conducting of criticism using the favored argument to show how it is best suited for resolving an issue held to as relevant and one in which there are competing arguments for its resolution. The case that wins is the one with the most desirable consequence.
Our article regarding topic sentences and how we can best generate them is divided into the following key sections that are intended to be followed sequentially in the first instance and then iteratively and recursively as other processes are integrated:
- Defining components and essential evaluation of desired states
- Explication of methods of use for how to write topic sentences
- Testing and assessment of suitable ideas and their implications on how we write topic sentences
- Settling on the most appropriate examples of topic sentences
- Final writing of a convincing and practical essay
Using this method allows us to be able to ‘play with ideas’ sufficiently to the point of being able to show that this topic sentences paper is sufficient in guiding us on generating ideas. Also, the method for topic sentences and is also a guide on how to write topic sentences that are effective and powerful by the time we get to the final presentation of our ideas. In this case, we will use the example of showing his this method that is based on the use of the four essential elements and their complex structures is better than other possible ways especially in a context involving complex systems.
When we write topic sentences for an argumentative essay, we need to recall that the topic sentences required are critical in determining the categories for comparison and contrast of sample ideas. Hence it is often vital to generate a substantial sample of examples of topic sentences in a sample of argumentation and to select the topic sentences that fit best without the original intention of being persuasive and truthful. Of course, the final criterion for selection is the applicability and consistency of effect through an entire complex system, since all our arguments are based in contexts entailing complex systems.
Defining Components and Basic Evaluation of Desired States
The first thing to do in any set of activities is ensuring that all required components are available and are clearly defined. We can only generate appropriate topic sentences for an essay if we know the requisite arguments for comparison and the other relevant components that will facilitate the task of how to write topic sentences. These components are significant in as much as they direct our thinking and creative faculties to generate and to guide how we write topic sentences. The intention is basically to generate adequate examples of topic sentences that can be selected for the final presentation of the main argument.
- Considering the inclination of this topic sentences paper, we can explicate the flowing activities and components as the essentials for generating topic sentences for the argument or essay that is intended for presentation:
- Definition of statements to be considered in terms of the basic elements
- Establishing needed parameters of analysis and criticism
- Evaluation of necessary conditions for argument selection
- Explication of emergent tension from the simulation of the argument or thought in current usage
These tasks are critical in the process of how to write topic sentences since they are the abstract categories that direct our thinking and stimulate the human intuition adequately enough to facilitate the beginning of the process of creativity unleashed as we write topic sentences. The structures trigger the mind to generate appropriate examples of topic sentences. The tension resulting from such triggering is automatic writing by the hand. Such writing should be unhindered by conscious deliberation because the ego state is generally inhibited and is unfit for generating the core ideas by itself.
In this case, our example is that of showing that any other forms of generating topic sentences are inferior to this method that categorizes objects or sentences in terms of the basic elements.
Therefore our sample arguments are:
- All objects can be reduced to basic elements, and their behavior can be described using the object-oriented model in programming
- There are no basic standards of definition, and the basic elements do not exist therefore the process of how to write topic sentences is arbitrary and relies on logic alone for verification
Methods for use when explicating topic sentences:
- Describe the main idea and the reasons proving the existence of the main idea
- Show correspondence with reality
- Prove consistency in a variety of contexts
- Show the application of the method
Conditions necessary for argument selection:
- Logical consistency
- Explicitness of components
- Coherence and consistency
- Applicability in a variety of circumstances
- Measurability of outcomes
- Rising tension requiring solution
If there doesn’t exist an explicit method for generating examples of topic sentences then there can be no way of deciding on the logic of a paragraph that is useful in a wide context of an application.
These are the basic guidelines for our work as we prepare to write topic sentences as explicated in the present topic sentences paper.
Explication of Methods for Generating Topic Sentences
Now that the present topic sentences paper has postulated the basic premises to guide the thinking process, we need to move further and implement an effective method that can guide us in filling in the required details. This advances our quest for how to write topic sentences in the sense that we can now begin to deal with concrete and explicable ideas that can later be analyzed and refined in the course of coming processes.
We write topic sentences after the following vital steps are executed successfully:
- General research and investigation of terms and previously described categories
- Isolated simulation of ideas in terms of their logical analysis
- Simulation of sample arguments against emergent tension using UML (Unified Modelling Language)
- Showing how the sample arguments compare and contrast and how one is superior to the other
The resultant of the above activities describe the relevant requirements for the flow of argumentation needed in the thought or essay. Activities described above have results that hint at how we should express our ideas. They work by sending unconscious commands to the mind, and the brain engages in a kind of search that is not so different from machine learning. This method finds a sample that can be used as examples of topic sentences. These examples are then sent randomly to the conscious mind for use by the writer. For example, this process outlined above has been used in the writing of the present topic sentences paper.
- Research and investigation:
- What factors inform the postulation of essential elements?
- How did the second postulate of arbitrary but logical postulation arise?
- Are there necessary conditions that have been postulated and that must be used in the findings required?
Simulation of arguments:
- Are the arguments logically consistent?
- Are there results corroborated by real-life experience
- Considering the defined emergent tension that needs to be resolved, how is each argument used, and how do their effects compare and contrast?
Testing and Evaluation of Ideas in How to Write Topic Sentences
Research and investigation produce a number of hypotheses and possibilities that can be termed as candidate answers or samples that can produce examples of topic sentences that can be used for the argument. Generally, we are to write topic sentences that are the most efficient and effective for our purpose. But how can we know which candidates from the sample of topic sentences suggested or implied by our findings can be used in our sample essay? In this case, we find material for how to write topic sentences by taking our findings through the further step of using another method if simulation known as ‘use casing’. Use casing is trying to find as many angles of implementing an idea as possible.
For example: As our case is about comparing and contrasting two arguments and determining their effectiveness. In this case, we may wish to find as many cases of application and test to see if they give consistent results. The key is finding if the assertion of the thesis can be falsified or expressed in other teams. The best way for testing this is by using ‘use case diagrams’ as illustrated in Unified Modelling Language. This a standard method used across disciplines that is important for a world view that considers all contexts as complex systems and environments.
This example goes as far as involving the following sequence of activities:
- Use case testing of candidate arguments
- Quantitative analysis of outcomes presented
- Selecting or deriving arguments of best fit to explain the behavior of use case outcomes
- Identification of valid statement for thesis and reasons for affirmation
We determine how to write topic sentences after we have the best argument form and flow of argument. Once we have this appropriate candidate then we can write it down to complete our ideal essay. These arguments are best formulated mathematically or more precisely in a logical format and the premises carefully articulated. These formal premises and their related arguments then determine the nature of topic sentences that they can generate. This means that we can create a list of examples of topic sentences that can be used for the essay or thought being developed.
Our topic sentences paper is now at an advanced stage. We have examples of topic sentences that can be used to describe the logical premises in ordinary language. We now need to determine the appropriate criteria for selecting the best topic sentences for the argument you wish to present.
Choosing Most Suitable Examples of Topic Sentences
We are about to write the appropriate topic sentences for our model essay. What we need is to satisfy the following criteria:
- The relevance of the candidate topic sentences with respect to the main argument and context of presentation
- The usefulness of the candidate examples of topic sentences to the purpose intended in the essay
- Type of topic sentences that fit in with the transition of argument paragraphs
- The cumulative effect of the topic sentences selected
Recall that topic sentences are the initial or introductory statements of a paragraph that facilitate the transition of the basic arguments from paragraph to paragraph and that allow a comprehensive synthesis of the whole argument. The basic types of topic sentences are:
- Complex sentences that entail an independent and dependent clause
- Bridges or simple links from one paragraph to the other without being explicit about what follows
- Pivots or alternate switches from one perspective to another
Each of the candidate examples of topic sentences needs to be assessed in these forms knowing that not any way fits in with a presentation for any given context. Our topic sentences paper suggests that we can only know the best candidate for use if we are aware of the requirements of our backgrounds of writing. This is normally of determining the times implied in writing. Like can we identify topic sentences that would fit in a formal setting when the people involved are keen to find a particular outcome? This implies being aware of moods, policy inclinations, personal and professional expectations, among other factors.
Finishing Essay with Appropriate Topic Sentences
We now write topic sentences for each paragraph and flow to the related sentences that are supportive of the topic sentences. In this case, the topic sentences describe the premises that are included in each paragraph, and therefore it is essential to remember that critical elements of the demonstration that we know how to write topic sentences entail keenness regarding:
- Total essay structure – in this case, we are doing a five-paragraph essay for example
- A logical flow of the argument and premises from paragraph to paragraph
- Noting of counter arguments and their necessary pivot sentences
- Valid paragraph conclusions that resonate with both thesis and selected topic sentences
A logical method for deriving and choosing fitting topic sentences has been identified and simulated using an example and proven valid.